Friday, May 27, 2016

What I like in Poland? 1.Pharmacy!

I decided to start a series of posts where I will tell you about the things that I like in Poland. Maybe later I will do the same about things that I don't like ;) I wanted to start with Pharmacy as I have quite resent experience.

In Poland some of the Pharmacy's are open 24/7 and you can buy basic medicine also from shops and kiosks. If you will get a headache in the middle of the night and you don't have any painkillers, it is not a problem. In Finland Pharmacy's are not generally open 24/7 and you can not buy any medicine from normal shops. While living in Finland I needed to carry medicine that I thought I would need and buy everything beforehand. That was ok, as I didn't know any other possibility. But now I need to admit that the Polish policy is good for me and I got used to it.

After the last winter semester we went for a small holiday to the Czech Republic (or Czechia :D) and I got a headache around 8pm in the evening. I forgot to take painkillers with us from Poland but we were thinking that is not a problem as painkillers are available everywhere. It was a problem! Painkillers were not sold in any regular shops and all the Pharmacy's were closed. We were trying to find something for over an hour and asking people if they know any place where we could buy painkillers. Eventually I was asking from some other tourists if they would have any painkillers and if I could buy one from them. These lovely French girls helped me out and the evening was saved! This experience got me really to appreciate the Polish way! But now on I will for sure remember to take painkillers with me everywhere!

Pictures from Prague :)


-Camilla



No comments:

Post a Comment